Have you ever checked your nose?. I did. Three ones. Here’s how it looks just after some retouch (saddly I didn’t take a before pic):
Since a time ago I’ve got really lazy about writing things. So hereafter I will, mainly, publish just pictures of some of my work here: https://instagram.com/i3micro/. After all, pics are all what matter!
One of the things I’ve been working is a set of gcode subroutines meant to make easy to write gcode. Well, in the end you write very little gcode if you use it. Here are some examples:
So, for example, here the code for the hexagon pocket milling:
#<s> = 30 #<h> = [SQRT * #<s>] o<i3_c_new_group> call   o<i3_v_add_vertex> call [#<s> / 2]  o<i3_v_add_vertex> call [#<s>] [#<h> / 2] o<i3_v_add_vertex> call [#<s> / 2] [#<h>] o<i3_c_mirror> call     o<i3_do_cut_mill_by_layer> call    [-1]  
Most of hard work has been done, there’s some cleanup and documentation left. At some point I would like to release this code as open source. It makes really easy to create paths for simple parts (please note all the generated paths account for tool compensation, not G4X).
Currently I’m doing some modifications to my Sherline lathes in order to add a cover, very similar to the one on my cnc mill. This will result in a really big changes in the lathe look. I don’t feel comfortable doing these brutal changes to these beautiful machines, but it’s something I need to do.
Of course there are always some things that go wrong. If I were a professional machinist working on big machines I will be dead for sure. So be careful when you start cutting on a corner using traditional milling (not climb milling; I’m not saying climb milling is more secure, btw).
Finally, here’s one of the more simpler yet useful accessories you can make for your Sherline mill/lathe, the “no hammer” (not my idea of course).
Can’t believe didn’t did this before.